At my house, it's totally the mailman's fault I haven't had pics uploaded anywhere in ages. Because I couldn't find that dang camera cord. And if my mailman hadn't brought so much junk mail it would have never happened! You see, all that junk kept getting stacked in the basket on the kitchen counter due to lack of time to rifle thru it all. Then the basket overflowed onto the counter and HID the camera cord - never mind the cord shouldn't have been left there. So, thank goodness, I found the camera cord yesterday, but the fact that it's been missing is all his fault. Totally his fault. Wouldn't you agree? I'm just sayin'. Maybe we'll get a dog now just to get back at him....the kids really want one ya know.
Anyway - now, to update with some eye candy....

Ella Grace worked so hard on this - her first time using a real needle on anything. And she LOVED IT! She had it done very quickly and moved on to another ornament for the tree. And begged for more after that!

E2's and my finished owls hanging proud.

Yes, and we had to forever mark them - for when we are senile and need a reminder of the who, what, and when's in life. It's coming people. Let this be your warning.
This would be the

other felt ornament we made. Ella Grace is WAY more artsy than me, and chose a hot pink bird cage with a neon blue bird. Turned out fabulous! lol I mean, it really matches our crazy kid Christmas tree in so many ways. ;-) And Ehren is convinced that flipping them around turns them into Shrek heads.
Okay, and then I had to come up with a C

hristmas gift for my co-worker Judy. Cause the rest of the people around here are men and just aren't appreciative of anything that they can't either put in their mouths or their wallets. It's true! So, I'd had this blank wooden sign in my craft stash. For years. And I came across it recently knowing it was now or never. Use or purge. Some paint, scrapbook paper, mod podge, cut vinyl, and ribbon put on, and her present is finished in an hour. And the men you ask? Well, they each received a pan of handmade cinnamon rolls. I don't know if they took them home and shared or gorged in their pick-up trucks. Seriously, I do NOT want to know! But by the looks of their "kegs" they each carry around on the front of them, if I were a betting girl I think I'd win on my guess! lol




I know the lighting on all the Santa pics is horrible. I don't have photoshop on this computer to fix them and I guess my camera's white lighting wasn't set correctly for this setting. And, honestly, if I wait to add them here til I get to my computer that DOES have PS, then it might be Easter before I post them. Seriously. So, bad church gym lighting and all, here they are. I found it particularly funny how Ella Grace was sure that this wasn't the real Santa, only one of his representatives - and you can see that on her skeptical profile. And how Ethan totally considered not even stopping by, and let only about 20 other children go before him in line while he contemplated just turning around completely. But you see, his Webkinz account was expiring in 10 days. And if he didn't get a new Webkinz signed on before the 25th, he'd lose everything. So, as a last ditch effort, he stood within a pleasant proximity so that the "fake Santa" could report back to whomever and see if any magic would really happen. And in case you are wondering - it did. Timmy the Turtle came to Ethan from Santa. And the magic lasts yet another year. ;-)
Abby
2 comments:
Todd misses being Santa sooooo much!
I want that Judi sign...too cute.
I can not believe Ella Grace is sewing so well!!! You raised one crafty girl!
LOVING the hanging owls! I am enjoying reading your posts!!
Post a Comment