Ella Grace also jumped right on the band wagon and made Brad and I & Ethan coupon cards for her "Masache Services" (which is for a massage for anyone that doesn't read 3rd grader). We each get 1 free one, then 2 @ $.25 off, and 2 more @ $.50 off. Each 5 min a piece. What a bargain! I went to cash in yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to see a hand written sign on her bedroom door that announced the Masache Salon hours, and it was closed on Sunday. I think she might have listened a little to some talks at church yesterday! woo hoo!
So, early this morning I got up and baked some cake mix cookies {recipe below} (cause at 5am when your eyes aren't exactly open, ya gotta go with easy). As they were cooling, I shoved a Valentine Candy Corn in 1/2 of them...the other half got a strawberry heart marshmallow crammed into the top. Yes, this cramming made the perfectly risen cookies fall, but I don't care. My 6am taste test revealed that it only impaired the aesthetic value of the cookie, but the added seasonal flair made up for it I thin!

Brad got to take a baggie of them as he left for Richmond for the week. And the kids each had one put in their Love Letter Envelopes - which they found while having breakfast. Made for a lot of smiles around the table this morning, and some extra hugs and kisses as they hopped out of the van for school. AND, they'll serve as Family Home Evening treats for tonight as well - we're combining with the Harp's for that this evening. These turned out to be multi-purpose to the max!
Cake Mix Cookies recipe:
1 boxed cake mix - any flavor. I buy several for pantry when they go on sale for $1.00
1/2 cup vegetable or canola or coconut oil - any oil but olive I'd imagine
2 eggs
That's it! Mix til combined. Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet (or seasoned stone) and bake at 350 deg for 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack
** you can add anything you'd like to change these up - nuts, mini m&m's, choc chips, crushed or chopped candy bar pieces, chopped dried fruit
No comments:
Post a Comment